Welcome to my Blog...

The things I plan on posting here will be things of interest to me & maybe you too!
If you like a post, please let me know. Enjoy my Blog & God Bless...

September 23, 2009

Unbelievably Scrumptious Crock-Pot Roast

It's SO EASY!
by: Christina Whale & Tested by her Husband & Sons... (& Many Many Others!)

1 Beef Roast, large enough to fit in your crock pot
2 pkgs Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
5 pkgs Brown Gravy Mix (No name brand is fine)
2 pkgs Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
4-5 cups water

In Crock-pot:

1. Whisk Gravy & Dressing Mixes with Water - then place Roast in crock pot.
2. Puncture the entire roast several times with a fork or knife
3. Cover with the lid & cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
4. Occasionally, stir the ‘gravy’ & flip the meat.

-->The roast is done when the meat just falls apart!
Remove the roast, ‘slice’ & place on platter and pour the gravy into gravy boat.
Serve with potatoes & a vegetable!


Notes:

You can start this before going to work...
-------Just flip roast and stir gravy when you get home!

If you have leftover Gravy & Meat...
------Put cut up meat & gravy into a container in the refrigerator.
------See recipe for: The Day After Pot Roast - Beef Stroganoff


FYI: You can double, triple, quadriple, & so on...
I made this with 4 (Four) HUGE Roasts & ended up using 12 cups of water, 5 dressing mixes each, & 12 Gravy mixes... I put them all in frozen the night before, on low. When I woke up the next morning, I stirred the gravy, flipped the roasts, & started getting the kitchen ready for all my guests... I watched my Soap (The Y&R) & took a nap... When I woke up yet again, I stirred the gravy, flipped the roasts, & started the Potato's & Veggies... Oh by the time they were done, the Roast was fall apart Delicious!!! Everyone at my dinner party Raved & Raved, especially when they heard they were all going to have some left-overs to make my Day After Pot Roast - Beef Stroganoff! And it was All-So-Easy!! The hardest thing I had to do that day, was to set the table for 17 people!! - - - - This meal is not only easy it is Unbelievably Scrumptious!

WARNING:
The smell of the roast cooking.......

-----may cause the Entire Family to stay home for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. This is most wonderful way of making pot roast! I didn't have anytime to make dinner the following day, so I threw it all in the crock pot the night before! (Frozen!) The next day when we came home from work we stired & flipped and then we got ready for my husband's boss & his wife to come for dinner! They Loved it! We Loved it! And it made me look like a SuperStar, in my husbands eyes!! Thanks Chrissy!! Your Pogo Friend, Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Posting your comments! - God Bless!