Welcome to my Blog...

The things I plan on posting here will be things of interest to me & maybe you too!
If you like a post, please let me know. Enjoy my Blog & God Bless...

November 23, 2009

Benihana's Fried Rice

(We just ate at Benihana's on the 17th for my Birthday & it's Yummy!
I Plan on making this tonight, so I'll update my blog with photos...
& what we think of the homemade version...)
Ingredients
1 Cup  Uncooked rice
5 TBS  Butter
1 Cup  Chopped Onion
1 Cup  Chopped Carrots
2/3 Cup  Chopped Scallions
3 TBS  Sesame Seeds
5  Eggs
5 TBS  Soy Sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions
Cook rice according to package directions.
(I like to use a Rice Cooker)
In a large skillet melt butter.
Add onions, carrots and scallions.
Saute until carrots are translucent.
Set aside
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Place sesame seeds in a shallow pan.
Bake until golden brown (10 to 15 minutes),
shaking pan occasionally for even color.
Lightly grease another skillet.
Beat eggs.
Pour into hot skillet.
Cook as you would scrambled eggs.
Combine rice, vegetables, sesame seeds and eggs.
Add soy sauce. Stir. Salt and pepper to taste.



Okay, You have to forgive me, I never got home in time to make this for dinner & I'm just now getting online to show you what it looked like! I made it per the directions, but it took me forever to make it, simply because I had to take breaks in between all the chopping, even though I used a Food-Processor, my shoulder & arm hurt like heck! (I have a damaged Shoulder & Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in both hands!) I had to get my son to finish it up. My husband & I thought it tasted good, but I think the rice was the wrong type, because it didn't quite hit Benihana style! When we lived in Florida, I could go to the local grocery store & buy Thai Jasmine rice, but I could find it up here in Pennsylvania. I'll keep looking!

So, with this recipe, I would say:
If you want good Benihana Fried Rice, Go there & Get Some!!

2 comments:

  1. I bet that is really good. Can't wait for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Let me post my photos... Give me a few! Thanks for the reminder!! You're Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Posting your comments! - God Bless!