Welcome to my Blog...

The things I plan on posting here will be things of interest to me & maybe you too!
If you like a post, please let me know. Enjoy my Blog & God Bless...

January 7, 2010

Please Pray for Me...

Dear Family & Friends,
    Tomorrow on January 8th Greg will be driving me down to Lancaster for my Pre-Surgical Testing and if all goes well, Surgery will be scheduled for the 1st or 2nd Thursday of February. We are so excited, for me to be feeling somewhat normal again!! (At least, after surgery & therapy are over with!)
    Please say a prayer that everything goes well for me. With all the medications I've been taking, I've been:

    • Having really bad dreams, which are quite scary for me
    • Having Extremely High Blood Sugar Counts (in the 400’s)
    • Extremely Depressed
    • Bleeding more (from various places on my body)
    • Sleeping more
    • Nauseated
    • Constipated
    • Dizzy
    • Having a Really Dry Mouth
    • Having Trouble Breathing sometimes
    • Sweating more
    • Having Trouble with my Vision
    • Having Stomach Cramps
    • Having Major Mood Swings (at least according to Greg & the boys!)

    I want so badly to be able to get well & not take so many meds! I'll be having Shoulder surgery & my surgeon says he will be making at least a 10 inch incision to get to everything. Because of my injury, he can't use the tiny instruments. But instead of explaining how the surgery will take place (it's easy to look up in Google), I'll just get you up to date as things progress... -->I can tell you that I've had this injury for: 3 Years, 4 months, & 2 weeks today & it's been incredibly painful, over the years. My new surgeon told me that it will be very difficult to recover 100%, but he will do his best.
    Most people have had a problem understanding how much pain I'm been going through all these years, especially since I'm able to sit and be on the computer & sometimes drive etc... But trust me, the pain IS THERE & although the surgery in February will be MUCH MORE Painful, I'm looking forward to it, because there Is a Big chance that eventually I'll be: PAIN FREE!!! Which is something that, Greg & I are both looking forward to - BIG TIME!!!
   
Please keep me in your prayers…

God Bless You All, for being with me,
    Physically & Spiritually over the years...
Chrissy
So, tomorrow is pre-surgical testing & then SURGERY is in February!!

2 comments:

  1. Chrissy,

    You are in family's and I's prayers 100%. I will say something to my church too as well for prayer request. The more, the better. If you ever need encouragement or just someone to vent to, email me anytime. God Bless and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I would let you all know that, All is well. Sort of. My Blood Sugar is Very High Still, So the doc put me on Metformin HCL 500 MG & Glipizide 5 MG. I also have a small infection, which he gave me something for. I'll see him again in 2 weeks, to make sure everything is still okay for Surgery!! All the Side-Effects are still just that... Side effects! We'll know more on Monday the 25th. I'll be sure to let you all know... Thanks for all your prayers & God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Posting your comments! - God Bless!