Welcome to my Blog...

The things I plan on posting here will be things of interest to me & maybe you too!
If you like a post, please let me know. Enjoy my Blog & God Bless...

August 4, 2011

Ten Commandments for a Grieving Parent



1) You shall Not tell them ~
To Get On With Their Lives

2) You shall not tell them ~
Be Strong For Your Family

3) You must not tell them ~
You Have Other Children

4) You Must Not Tell Them ~
To Forgive

5) You Must Not Tell Them ~
They're In A Better Place

6) You Must Not Tell Them ~
To Stop Crying

7) You Must Not Tell Them ~
To Let Go And Let Them Be At Rest

8) You Must Not Tell Them ~
I Know How You Feel
(Don't Compare Yourself And Your Experiences)

9) You Must Not tell Them ~
You Need Closure

10) You Must Either Be My Friend
And Stand By Me ~
Or ~ Leave Me Alone

I'll Grieve As Long As I Want.
I Will "Try" To Heal At My Own Pace And Time.
Refrain From Calling Me Names Behind My Back.
Thank you For Understanding...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Crissy! First off, thank you for joining my blogging family.

    I totally agree with your thoughts about what "not" to say. I wish I could take a tape recorder to some of the funerals I go to and tape peoples conversations. The last thing people want to hear is "they're in a better place. Number one, how do we know? I mean yes if they completely lived for the Lord, abided by His Word, Repented of their sins and so on then yes, they are in a much better place, but still that's not what loved ones want to hear. They are missing the physical essence of their love one and at that moment in time, the best place would be right there beside them. This Goes whether it's a child's passing or any other family member. I know it has got to be much harder to lose a child, but the "dumb comments are just dumb no matter what age or relationship they are. Another one is "it will get easier". NO IT WON'T! The pain my dull, but my mom died 43 years ago come the 26th of this month and I still cry my eyes out on Mother's Day, Christmas and Her Birthday. I still miss her. I miss not having her to confide in or talk about my problems to. It does not get easier, we just learn to cope with the loss. Well, I've probably outstayed my welcome, over-stepped my bounds and written a book, so its' time to quit and go to bed. LOL! Thanks again. I hope you will enjoy my blog and come back soon.

    God Bless,
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ, Thank you so very much... Most people read & leave... Not saying anything... Losing a Child is the worst pain I have EVER experienced! I lost my Dad in 2008, but he was almost 76 & lived a pretty full life... Married for 50 years, had 5 kids, 8 Grandkids, & 2 Great Grandkids! I wasn't close with my Dad, but my Youngest Son - I was Very Close with... I gave birth to him & stood by him throughout his 18 years, 7 months, & 24 days... He died on 4-26-2010...
    ¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸
    Blessings to You!
    (¯`v´¯)
    .`·.¸.·´
    ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·☆.
    ♥˙·٠•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠♥Hugs♥٠•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Posting your comments! - God Bless!