Welcome to my Blog...

The things I plan on posting here will be things of interest to me & maybe you too!
If you like a post, please let me know. Enjoy my Blog & God Bless...

August 22, 2014

One Thing I've Learned...

One thing I've learned is the death of a child is emotionally catastrophic. I know of no greater pain. Now that Greggy is gone our family has grueling homework of our own: the homework of learning to live with grief – which, as far as I can tell, is the work of a lifetime. There are no shortcuts. There are no opt-out tests. Every day is a lesson on love and loss, healing alittle, crying a lot, and learning to move forward however fast or slow our hearts will take us. Because love lasts, so does grief. So long as I love my son I will grieve his loss … and what a terrible grief it is. But grief is the price of love and love is worth every tear, every shard of my broken heart, it is worth the agony of loss. The love in my heart hurts me and heals me all at the same time. I am learning that to hurt is to be human and to heal, even if only a little, is heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Posting your comments! - God Bless!